1. Personal Information collected by OpCord
You can browse our Framework without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the Framework (such as creating pool, joining pools and content you generate or that relates to your Account);
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship items;
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our Framework, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our Framework, OpCord's Services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Framework, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- additional information we ask you to submit, to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating Framework policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list);
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to OpCord, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our Services, content and advertising. If you don't wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
3. How OpCord uses your information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide customized Services and support your request;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- customize, measure and improve our Services, content and advertising;
- tell you about our Services, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our Framework; and
- Developing new services.
4. Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and co-branded credit cards).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and bidding and listing history.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
5. Using Information from RideAlly
RideAlly enables you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users' contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate your transactions. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other's name, user ID, email address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use user information only for:
- OpCord transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
- using Services offered through OpCord; and
- other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our Services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our Framework or Services.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the Framework that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
7. No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. You are not licensed to add other RideAlly Framework or OpCord users to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report spam or spoof emails, please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Account Protection
Your password is the key to your Account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your Account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify OpCord and change your password.
9. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to RideAlly. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your Account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed Accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms and Conditions, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Framework. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
11. Third Parties